The Safe Load Program (Formerly AIP) course is a prerequisite for anyone needing to enter a petroleum facility to load bulk petroleum product. The course has been prepared to provide generic introductory training for drivers entering oil industry terminals and depots. The Safe Load Program course is intended to ensure the safety of personnel and the protection of facilities at oil industry inland storage and distribution facilities throughout Australia.
The Safe Load Program course costs $295 +$150 for SLP.
The Safe Load Program course is primarily intended for petroleum transport industry drivers and contractors who are required to gain access to petroleum loading facilities and load bulk petroleum products.
Our regularly scheduled courses are conducted at our Mayfield (MAP) premises. Typically we try to run a course once every month. Participants will receive appropriate training to enter a petroleum facility to load bulk petroleum product.
The generic material in this program is common to all companies and facilities in the industry and covers:
1) Complete an online application: This is done through the SLP website, and involves providing your contact details and payment for your new ID card. You will receive an email message containing your SLP eWay transaction receipt and notification of your unique ID Number which will also be your Username when logging in to the SLP program in the future.
You can start a new application on the SLP website. For help with the application, the SLP website has provided a number of helpful video's.
Using your ID number/Username and password you can access the SLP load training website where you will find:
2) Book a Safe Load Training course by contacting us at 123 Training Solutions
3) Attend and complete the face to face training course at our premises in Mayfield. Once you have completed your course the trainer will confirm with SLP that you have attended face to face training.
4) Book in for an identification check and training assessment: You can now contact an SLP assessment terminal for an identification check and training assessment. A list of assessment terminals can be found at the www.safeloadprogram.co website.
5) ID check and online assessment: This all happens at the terminal during a pre-arranged appointment time slot.
6) Your SLP ID card will be posted to you within 3 working days after passing the online assessment.
Maximum class size is limited to 15 people.
Successful completion of the Safe Load Program will be recognised with a "SLP Driver Passport", recognisable across the industry (but not replacing any existing licences or permits required by law). This passport is valid for a period of three years, after which further testing (and further training, if required) will be necessary to ensure continued understanding of compliance with safe procedures within oil industry terminals and depots.
We are more than happy to arrange to do on-site courses. Call or email for details on price structure, and available dates.
The Safe Load Program training takes approximately 4 hours depending on class size and participants prior knowledge and experience.
$295 per person + $150 for SLP