Next Course Dates
3:00 pm Start - Friday 28th February 2020
Bus Driver Authority - Course Summary
The Bus Driver Authority course is designed to provide students with the qualifications to drive a public passenger vehicle.
The Bus Driver Authority training course covers 5 areas:
- Legislation and Driver Authority
- Customer service
- Vehicle operations
- Managing breakdowns and emergencies
- Driver welfare and safety
Our fee is $385 per person. Ask us about discounts for group bookings, and costs for on-site courses.
Who is this course for?
The course is for anybody required to drive a public passenger vehicle, as well as motorcycle and 4-wheel driver tour vehicles.
About The Course
Our regularly scheduled courses are conducted at our Mayfield (MAP) premises. Typically we try to run a course every month.
Participants will receive appropriate training to drive public passenger vehicles.
How do I make a Booking?... It's easy! Check out our Booking Guide for more details.
To obtain a Bus Driver Authority, you must establish whether you meet the required criteria as set out in the revised Passenger Transport Regulation 2007.
This criterion requires an applicant to:
- be at least twenty (20) years of age; and
- hold an unrestricted/unconditional driver licence issued in NSW; and
- have held an unrestricted Australian driver licence for a total of at least twelve (12) months in the two (2) years immediately preceding the date of the application; and
- have passed an examination or assessment, at a level determined by the Director-General, in medical fitness; and
Satisfy that he or she:
- may lawfully work in Australia; and
- have knowledge of the Act and Regulations relating to the operation of a bus; and
- is of good repute and in all other respects a fit and proper person to be the driver of the vehicle concerned (RMS will check to see whether an applicant has a criminal record); and
- has sufficient responsibility to drive the vehicle concerned in accordance with law.
You will have to pass a medical, be subject to a police check, have your driving history reviewed and demonstrate that you can communicate in English. If you have an issue with any of the above you should lodge your application with Transport for NSW before booking your Bus Driver Authority course and paying for your training materials.
Once you have established that you meet the required criteria, you are then able to complete the Bus Driver Authority training course. If successfully completed you will receive a “Proficiency” certificate. This certificate, must be lodged to TNSW (Transport for New South Wales) or RMS (Road and Maritime Services) along with these other documents:
- Driver Authority Application Form, (completed and signed);
- Medical Assessment Form (completed - following medical examination);
- photocopy of applicant's driving licence;
- two recent colour photographs (65mmx65mm);
- non-refundable cheque or money order payable to RMS;
- Proficiency Certificate supplied upon successful completion of the Bus Driver Authority training course
- Birth Certificate, Passport or Citizenship Certificate
The Ministry of Transport then processes the application and either:
- Forwards the appropriate Driver Authority to the applicant; or
- Advises the applicant that their application was unsuccessful.
For more information visit the RMS website.
Maximum class size is limited to 10 people.
Training and assessment delivered on behalf of Into Training Australia Pty Ltd RTO 7022
If successful, students will receive a NSW "Driver Authority for drivers of public passenger". A Driver Authority is valid for a period of three years after which time the Authority must be renewed.
On Site Courses
We are more than happy to arrange to do on-site courses. Call or email for details on price structure, and available dates.
The Bus Driver Authority training takes approximately 4 hours depending on class size and individuals prior knowledge and experience.
$385 per person discount available if you complete/ heave completed a Heavy Vehicle Licence Course with us.
- Payment will be due in full on the first day of the course.