Yellow Card - Implement Traffic Control Plans - Newcastle Course
Yellow Card - Implement Traffic Control Plans Skill Set (RIISS00041) - Course Summary
This Implement Traffic Control Plans course is designed for those that are required to set up and implement Traffic Control Guidance Plans (TCGP), or Traffic Control Guidance Schemes (TCGS), at a worksite.
The course gives participants the skills to not only safely and correctly implement TCGPs, but also the professional skills and knowledge to safely change and adapt existing TCGPs based on live traffic and weather conditions.
Implement Traffic Control Plans course costs $330 per person
Next Course Dates
23rd June - Tue
Need the Blue Card Traffic Controller Course too?.. Do them both together with us for $500 (Total Savings = $130).
Who Is This Course For?
The course is suitable for anyone looking to gain work in the traffic management industry. This includes both council and private work that requires the ability to safely and professionally direct and control traffic in hazardous areas.
This yellow card implement traffic control plans ticket is the qualification required to setup traffic control sites, based on a given TCGP or TCGS.
In relation to the coronavirus we have implemented measures to protect both our students and staff in these trying times. We are closely following the advice from the Australia Department of Health, and adopting the strictest personal hygiene measures in our cars, trucks, and places of work.
We have limited non-training staff, by having our administration staff work from home. Course sizes have also been limited to ensure that our training spaces have a minimum of 4 square meters per person.
All our students are being advised that they must reschedule if they::
- Have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
- Been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days
- Been advised to self-isolate in the last 14 days
- Experiencing symptoms like: cough, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath, or any other respiratory illness.
About the Course
The Yellow Card Implement Traffic Control Plans Skill Set Set is a course designed by the RMS to provide a nationally recognised, competency-based framework for training those who need to control and direct the flow of traffic by implementing Traffic Control Guidance Plans , or TCGPs.
The course offered here at 123 Training Solutions prepares traffic controllers for work in live traffic situations, where they will both implement existing TCGPs for the worksite, or change and adapt those plans if live traffic or weather conditions require it.
How do I make a Booking?... It's easy! Check out our Booking Guide for more details.
During this course, students will learn how to:
- Select a TCGS/TCP to suit site conditions, the specific road environment, traffic volumes and work activities
- Adapt behaviour to the work site
- Know the basic function of the TCGS/TCP system
- Adapt to all and follow all Work Health and Safety (WHS) and operational requirements
- Use the site/location assessment, distinguish topographical landmarks and carry out authorised risk control
- Conduct an onsite check of a TCGS/TCP to identify any unexpected risks/hazards
- Interpret plans and must be aware of the distance and measuring devices of method
- Plan for emergencies that may arise
- Identify and select the correct type of signs and traffic control devices in line with a TGS/TCP
- Install and remove signs and traffic control devices, lane closures, advanced information signage in line with a TCGS/TCP
- Ensure spacing between signs and traffic control devices is in line with a TCGS/TCP Maintain after hours signage
- Understand speed, environment, type and class of vehicles, traffic density, sight lines, environmental
- conditions, weather patterns and surface type
- Maintain traffic incident reports and a daily diary
- Identify type, date and time of a TCGS/TCP implementation
- Implement a temporary TCGS/TCP for emergency and/or unplanned works or in line with pre-approved generic plans or diagrams
Maximum class size for this course is 16
Prior to commencing the course, students will need:
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- A SafeWork NSW White Card - we can help with this course as well
- Photo ID with your current address
- An understanding of English - both written and spoken
For students that need to get a white card first - have a look at our white card page for dates, and additional details.
On Site Courses
We are more than happy to arrange to do on-site courses. Call or email for details on price structure, and available dates.
123 Training Solutions conduct the Implement Traffic Control Plans courses in partnership with and on behalf of Commonsense Safety Training (RTO code 41347).
Successful participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following:
- RIIWHS201D - Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D - Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS302D - Implement traffic management plan
Students will also be given an interim certificate which immediately lets them work in the traffic control industry while waiting for their final live site assessment.
After the two live site assessments are completed, an application is submitted to RMS for a photo-card licence. Once received, this traffic control licence is valid for 3 years.
For those students who want to look at the learning material before attending, please see the Learning manuals section on our RTO's website. The manuals for this course are under the heading for Implement Traffic Control Guidance Plan Skills Set (RIISS00041).
Main Newcastle Premises: 123 Training Solutions - 18 Gavey Street, Mayfield NSW 2304
Other Course Locations
Need the course somewhere else? Our RTO also provides this course in a number of other locations including: Marrickville, Wyong/Central Coast, and Blacktown.
Get in touch with us for more details about these alternative locations for your traffic control training.
The Implement Traffic Control Plans course is conducted over one day.
Implement Traffic Control Plans course costs $330 per person