White Card - WHS General Construction Induction
SafeWork NSW White Card - Course Summary
The SafeWork NSW White Card Course (WHS General Construction Induction Certificate) is a mandatory requirement for anyone wanting to enter or work on construction sites in NSW.
The course covers selecting and fitting correct personal protective equipment (PPE) as well as how to identify construction hazards, implement risk control measures, and procedures for identifying and responding to potential emergencies and incidents in a construction environment.
Our fee is $120 per person Ask us about discounts for group bookings, and costs for on-site courses.
Next Course Dates
9am Start - Friday 30th July 2021
9am Start - Friday 3rd September 2021
9am Start - Friday 15th October 2021
9am Start - Friday 19th November 2021
9am Start - Friday 17th December 2021
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for anyone required to enter and work on a construction site in NSW. Examples include; labourers, tradespeople, supervisors, surveyors, site managers, and anyone who needs to routinely enter or access constructions zones.
In relation to the coronavirus we have implemented measures to protect both our students and staff in these trying times. We are closely following the advice from the Australia Department of Health, and adopting the strictest personal hygiene measures in our cars, trucks, and places of work.
We have limited non-training staff, by having our administration staff work from home. Course sizes have also been limited to ensure that our training spaces have a minimum of 4 square meters per person.
All our students are being advised that they must reschedule if they::
- Have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
- Been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days
- Been advised to self-isolate in the last 14 days
- Experiencing symptoms like: cough, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath, or any other respiratory illness.
- Been to any COVID-19 hotspots during the time and date indicated on the nsw.gov.au website
About The Course
Our regularly scheduled courses are conducted at our Mayfield (MAP) premises starting at 9am. Typically we try to run a course every second week.
Participants will receive appropriate training to obtain a SafeWork NSW White Card Licence.
There are no specified entry requirements for this training program except that students must be aged 14 years or older. SafeWork NSW criteria also requires a basic comprehension of English, including the ability to both read and write in English.
Students will also need:
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI). To create or find your USI number please go tothe USI website and follow the instructions
- To be able to provide 100 points of ID - please refer to the100 points of ID sheet for acceptable forms of id. Note that if it's not on the sheet it cannot be used.
How do I make a Booking?... It's easy! Check out our Booking Guide for more details.
Students will learn to:
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures
The course covers:
- Work Health and Safety legislation.
- Understanding and identifying hazards and risks on construction sites
- How to control risks and prevent accidents on construction sites
Maximum class size is limited to 20 people.
Participants are required to be 14 years of age to enrol in a SafeWork NSW White Card course.
- Participants will need to have effective language skills, including written and spoken communication.
- Participants who have special needs should get in touch with us prior to booking to discuss any arrangements or changes to assessment that may be needed.
- Participants who may require additional assistance with language, literacy or numeracy, should get in touch with us prior to booking to discuss what options are available.
123 Training Solutions conduct the SafeWork NSW White Card Course in partnership with and on behalf of Commonsense Safety Training (RTO Number: 41347). For information on privacy see their Privacy Notice.
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework for the following unit of competency: CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
On Site Courses
We are more than happy to arrange to do on-site courses. Cost for a White Card on-site course is $1200. This is for a group of upto 10 participants. For locations outside 50km radius from our home base (Mayfield), travel and accommodation may be extra. Call or email for more details on price, structure, and available dates for an on-site White Card Course.
Regular public courses are contingent on a minimum of 6 students. We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel these courses due to a lack of participants. Should this happen, we will always notify students of this decision a minimum of 1 weeks prior to the day of the scheduled course.
The SafeWork NSW White Card - General Construction Induction Training course takes 7 hours to complete including breaks.
$120 per person - ask us about reduced rates for group bookings
- Payment is due prior to commencing training and can be done either online beforehand or in person on the day.