Chain of Responsibility Training
Chain of Responsibility Summary
The Chain of Responsibility courses are aimed towards anyone involved in the heavy vehicle transport supply chain. We conduct two (2) different courses with regards to Chain of Responsibility; one that's geared towards general staff (CoR 1), and one that is more suitable for supervisors and middle management (CoR 2).
You can also find some more general information on the NHVR website relating to Chain of Responsibility.
Chain of Responsibility 1 (CoR 1) Course Summary
Geared towards general staff in the supply chain, CoR 1 looks at the new legislation, explaining the chain of responsibility features in the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL). It then covers the application of CoR requirements as well as how to identify and report chain of responsibility breaches.
Upon completion of the course, students will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment TLIF0009 - Ensure the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility).
Our fee for the CoR 1 course, is $295 per person.
Chain of Responsibility 2 (CoR 2) Course Summary
Aimed more towards supervisors and middle-managers, CoR 2 is an extension of the CoR 1 course. CoR 2 extends on the material of CoR 1 to not only apply CoR requirements, but to administer these requirements as well as workplace policies and procedures related to CoR.
Upon completion of the course, students will receive two (2) nationally recognised Statement of Attainments: TLIF0014 - Monitor the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility) and TLIF0009 - Ensure the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility).
Our fee for the CoR 2 course, is $425 per person.
Next Course Dates | CoR1 & CoR2
8am Start - Thursday 2nd December 2021
8am Start - Monday 13th December 2021
Call to ask about on-site courses or alternative dates
Who Is This Course For?
As of October 1st, 2018, new laws have come into place that require every party involved in the heavy vehicle supply chain to be aware of their shared responsibility to ensure the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) is not breached.
It brings CoR laws into closer alignment with WHS laws and aims to increase safety across the heavy vehicle transport industry by ensuring every party in the supply chain implements and engages in safe and responsible conduct.
These courses are therefore essential for all members of the heavy vehicle transport industry to ensure each and every level of the supply chain are aware of their responsibilities and able to ensure the safety of themselves and those around them.
How do I make a Booking?... It's easy! Check out our Booking Guide for more details.
In relation to the coronavirus we have implemented measures to protect both our students and staff in these trying times. We are closely following the advice from the Australia Department of Health, and adopting the strictest personal hygiene measures in our cars, trucks, and places of work.
We have limited non-training staff, by having our administration staff work from home. Course sizes have also been limited to ensure that our training spaces have a minimum of 4 square meters per person.
All our students are being advised that they must reschedule if they::
- Have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
- Been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days
- Been advised to self-isolate in the last 14 days
- Experiencing symptoms like: cough, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath, or any other respiratory illness.
- Been to any COVID-19 hotspots during the time and date indicated on the nsw.gov.au website
About the Course
There is a fair bit of overlap between the two units, seeing as CoR 2 includes and then extends upon the CoR 1 material.
The CoR 1 (TLIF0009) unit covers the following main elements:
- Identify chain of responsibility features in the HVNL or applicable state/territory law and regulations
- Apply chain of responsibility obligations in the HVNL or applicable state/territory law and regulations
And the CoR 2 (TLIF0014) unit covers the following main elements:
- Determine chain of responsibility features in the HVNL or applicable state/territory law and regulations
- Monitor chain of responsibility obligations in the HVNL or applicable state/ territory law and regulations
- Administer and monitor chain of responsibility workplace policies and procedures
- Undertake due diligence activities
There are no specific requirements for this course.
Main Newcastle Premises: 123 Training Solutions - 18 Gavey Street, Mayfield NSW 2304
On Site Courses
We are more than happy to arrange to do on-site courses. Call or email for details on price structure, and available dates.
123 Training Solutions conduct Chain of Responsibility courses in partnership and on behalf of Raise Training (RTO Number: 91655).
Participants who successfully complete the CoR 1 course will receive the following nationally recognised Statement of Attainment:
- TLIF0009 - Ensure the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility).
Participants who successfully complete the CoR 2 course will receive two (2) Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainments:
- TLIF0009 - Ensure the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility)
- TLIF0014 - Monitor the safety of transport activities (Chain of Responsibility)
Both of the COR units provided in the COR 1 and COR 2 courses are the most current units. For those participants who might still be looking for the older unit codes.
- COR1: TLIF0001 was superseded and replaced by TLIF0009 in June 2020
- COR2: TLIF0002 was superseded and replaced by TLIF0014 in June 2020
The COR 1 course takes approximately 4-6 hours depending on class size and individual's prior knowledge and experience.
The COR 2 course takes approximately 6-8 hours depending on class size and individual's prior knowledge and experience. There is also a homework assignment to be completed after the course as part of the CoR 2 unit.
CoR 1: $295 per person
CoR 2: $425 per person