Blue Card - Traffic Control Course in Newcastle
Blue Card - Traffic Controller Skill Set (RIISS00054) - Course Summary
This Traffic Control course is designed for anyone who needs to control traffic past worksites, road works or public events using a stop/slow sign or similar.
The course prepares participants for dealing with situations involving live traffic control by ensuring professional knowledge in WHS, safe direction of traffic and pedestrians, as well as how to understand Traffic Control Guidance Schemes, and Traffic Control Plans.
This traffic controllers course costs $330 per person. There are no hidden, or other separate costs for cards, or assessment.
Next Course Dates
13th & 14th December - Mon & Tue - 2 Day Course Limited to 6 Students
Need the Yellow Card to Implement Traffic Control Plans too?.. Do them both together with us for $645 (Total Savings = $65).
Who Is This Course For?
The course is suitable for anyone looking to gain work in the traffic control industry. This includes both council and private work that requires the ability to safely and professionally direct and control traffic in hazardous areas.
This blue card traffic control ticket is the qualification required to control traffic with a stop/slow bat on road sites.
In relation to the coronavirus we have implemented measures to protect both our students and staff in these trying times. We are closely following the advice from the Australia Department of Health, and adopting the strictest personal hygiene measures in our cars, trucks, and places of work.
We have limited non-training staff, by having our administration staff work from home. Course sizes have also been limited to ensure that our training spaces have a minimum of 4 square meters per person.
All our students are being advised that they must reschedule if they::
- Have returned from overseas within the last 14 days
- Been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days
- Been advised to self-isolate in the last 14 days
- Experiencing symptoms like: cough, fever, runny nose, shortness of breath, or any other respiratory illness.
- Been to any COVID-19 hotspots during the time and date indicated on the nsw.gov.au website
About the Course
The Blue Card Traffic Controller Skill Set is a course designed by the RMS to provide a nationally recognised, competency-based framework for training those who need to control and direct the flow of traffic using a stop/slow sign, baton or other control device.
The course offered here at 123 Training Solutions prepares traffic controllers for work in live traffic situations, where they may need to direct traffic or pedestrians. This could be in areas with road works, public events or nearby worksites.
How do I make a Booking?... It's easy! Check out our Booking Guide for more details.
During this course, students will learn how to:
- Stop/direct road users and understand stopping sight distances, using a stop/slow bat.
- Maintain traffic incident reports and a daily diary.
- Understand the Traffic Control Guidance Schemes (TCGSs) also known as Traffic Control Plans(TCPs) for the site.
- Assess and respond to changes in the environment e.g. traffic volumes, weather conditions, road conditions, Work Health and Safety (WHS) and operational requirements.
- Carry out risk assessments for personal safety.
- Participate in toolbox talks (specific to traffic control).
- Use communication methods and devices that include verbal and non-verbal.
- Conform to traffic control policy and procedure.
Where does White Card fit in?
It is usually best to do the White Card course before doing either of the traffic control courses. That said, you do not technically need a White Card to undertake a traffic control course.
You will definitely need a white card before you can start working on an active traffic control job site. This is because traffic control work is considered to be construction work, and to work on a construction site you are required to hold a white card.
Maximum class size for this course is 16
Prior to commencing the course, students will need:
- A Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- A SafeWork NSW White Card - we can help with this course as well
- Photo ID with your current address
- An understanding of English - both written and spoken
For students that need to get a white card first - have a look at our white card page for dates, and additional details.
On Site Courses
We are more than happy to arrange to do on-site courses. Call or email for details on price structure, and available dates.
To conduct a course at your site, you'll also need a quiet piece of road, with good sight distance and safe passage for pedestrians
123 Training Solutions conduct Traffic Control courses in partnership with and on behalf of Commonsense Safety Training (RTO code 41347). For information on privacy see their Privacy Notice.
Successful participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for the following:
- RIIWHS201D - Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIICOM201D - Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS205E - Control traffic with stop/slow bat
- RIIWHS206 - Control traffic with portable traffic control devices and temporary traffic signs
Students will also be given an interim certificate which immediately lets them work in the traffic control industry while waiting for their final live site assessment.
After the two live site assessments are completed, an application is submitted to RMS for a photo-card licence. Once received, this traffic control licence is valid for 3 years.
For those students who want to look at the learning material before attending, please see the Learning manuals section on our RTO's website. The manuals for this course are under the heading for Traffic Controller Skill Set (RIISS00054).
Main Newcastle Premises: 123 Training Solutions - 18 Gavey Street, Mayfield NSW 2304
Other Course Locations
Need the course somewhere else? Our RTO also provides this course in a number of other locations including: Marrickville, Wyong/Central Coast, and Blacktown.
Get in touch with us for more details about these alternative locations for your traffic control training.
We conduct the Blue Card Traffic Control course in conjunction with the Implement Traffic Control Plans course over three (3) days. Two days allocated for training with the assessment scheduled for the third day.
Traffic Control course costs $330 per person. There are no hidden, or other separate costs for cards, or assessment.